Friday, June 1, 2012

Patience

"Patience is a virtue."  Who hasn't heard of that.  I must not be virtuous because my patience keep waning each day.  Or is it because my son just pushes my buttons so well that my patience are all worn out and thin.  I used to pray for more patience.  I keep asking God to extend my patience to deal with my ever ornery son.  My friend Monica said I shouldn't pray for patience though because God will try me more.  She said I should pray for grace.  So I pray for grace, and more hair.

I'm sure my son is not aware of how much he's putting me through.  I can tell you that as of right now, he's taken all of the wipes out from his container and he's chewing them with gusto.  I pretty much submitted myself to many times outs because I could swear there are times when I just want to throttle him.  I can't wait for him to grow up, to be able to communicate, and to understand limits because right now, he does what he wants because it's what he knows is right.  At the end of the day, despite the many frustrations and tears, despite enduring the screaming, whining, and countless mess, I love my little boy dearly.  Now if anyone could spare more patience, please donate them to me because I definitely need more.

No comments:

Post a Comment