Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July in Hawaii

Sam and I arrived 5 days ago here in sunny and breezy Hawaii. I was so glad to leave the sweltering heat of Virginia and definitely enjoying the cooler temperature. Sam has been having a blast hanging out with his grandparents, and of course, he is spoiled with attention and toys. Though the weather has been enjoyable, I am not faring so well with my health. Not even a day after our arrival, I caught a cold, and now suffering a terrible cough as well. I guess better to get sick here when I have enough people to care for Sam while I lie in my sick bed. I've got so many things planned...people to see, places to go, restaurants to eat. Being here makes me realize what I love about home, but it also gives me an understanding of why it was a good thing to move as well. For as much as I love having all the help I can get, moving away has helped me become self sufficient and able to manage my own home. It has helped me grow and become a stronger person. I just wish the distance was not so far as to deprive my son the company of his grandparents, especially Papa, who he loves so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment