Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

This is my second mother's day and it still feels like it's the first.  After 3.5 years of waiting and multiple fertility treatments later, we had Sam.  Sometimes it feels unreal, sometimes it feels too real, especially when I just want to scream in anger and frustration.  My day started today with breakfast in bed.  But actually, my day started last friday when my husband came home with flowers and chocolates.  We went to church, ate lunch, went grocery shopping, and my husband made me ribs for dinner.  I didn't have to clean, feed Sam, or do anything today.  I felt very special and it felt good.  The best feeling however happened last night.  I told Sam that I love him and his response moved me to tears. He said "I love you more, mommy."  Now where did that come from?  When did he get so smart? He's only two.

There are moment when I forget to enjoy being a mom because I get so frustrated and angry.  I mean, wouldn't you get riled up when you tell your child to stop doing something 10 times, and in turn he gives you a smirk and keeps doing what you asked him to not do.  We are at a stage where I'm trying to set rules and Sam is trying to push the limits and establishing his independence.  Some days are rough, but we do have good days.  And those good days reminds me why I love being a mom.

I hope you all mom's out there had the day and moments that I had.  Happy Mother's Day!


1 comment:

  1. I have those days where I forget to focus on the positive things about being a mom too :) It happens to all of us! I hope you had a great mother's day!

    ReplyDelete