Sunday, July 5, 2015

Let me tell you something….

Let me tell you something…i've been thinking a lot about you lately.  How we met, how we became friends, how our kids became good friends and playmates.  Let me tell you how I enjoyed our play dates, mommy dates in Starbucks, donuts and coffee, shopping, and those occasional dinners on the rare mom's night out we had.  Let me tell you how I miss our ranting, our talks about heartaches, our chit chats about people who's done us wrong.   Let me tell you how much I miss summer, fall, and winter, because those days reminds me of birthdays and special occasions that I got to spend with you.

Let me tell you what I don't miss.  I don't miss Spring.  I don't miss the time I left.  I don't miss the sadness, the disappointment, the loss I felt when I moved away.  I don't miss the anger, the hopelessness, the wishing and wanting for something that I can no longer have.  Let me tell you that the choice was hard, but that it was something that I had to do.  Let me tell you that I wish I was a better friend, but that I was not.

Let me tell you…that I miss you.  Let me tell you that the only thing that is standing between you and me is pride.  My pride…and maybe yours too.  But I want you to know that I'm working on it…I'm working on my pride.  And someday, I want you to know, I will reach out to you, because I care about you.  Let me tell you that I am afraid that you will reject me.  But I hope you won't.  So let me tell you this, friend:  I love you.  Always.


Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment