Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sam is half a year old


I have been trying to write a blog last night to celebrate Sam's half birthday.  Unfortunately, either my computer or the website refused to cooperate and I couldn't post the blog.  So here goes:

Sam turned 6-months old yesterday.  He had an eventful day going to the doctor and getting his shots.  He is generally a happy baby, but for some reason, he seemed to know where we were headed yesterday and what he is about to get, hence the grouchy, uncooperative move.  He cried the whole time the doctor was examining him and while getting weighted, not to mention when he got his shots.  When it was all over, he instinctively calmed down and started to smile.  He even took a quick nap on our way home. 

At 6-months old, Sam is now a whopping 18.1 lbs and 27 inches long.  And he was  happy to know that not only can he eat solid foods for breakfast and dinner, he can eat his favorite applesauce for lunch too.  I guess I will have to go to the store and buy more applesauce. 

Since Sam has been teething (one of his lower tooth broke through the gums, and the other one peeking out), not to mention his multiple shots,  he developed a fever last night.  It's all resolved now, and he seemed to be feeling better this morning.  But as I watched Sam sleep last night, I can't stop being grateful and feel extremely blessed of God's gift to Josh and I.  Happy half birthday, Sam!

No comments:

Post a Comment