Thursday, August 11, 2011

Settle, settle, settle

Two weeks after we get to Virginia and the house and slowly taking shape. Sam's room is partially decorated and his crib and dresser has been put together thanks to Hubby.  We have our bed now and tonight will be the third night that we've been sleeping on it.  Sam has been doing well on his crib as well and he has been better at sleeping.  If only he could wake up a little later in the morning and everything would be perfect.  The room is painted and today, I finished painting my closet.  Josh has put up the mirror in the bathroom.  One day at a time...and soon this house will actually look good enough to show off (I mean take a picture and post).


Sam and I have not been going out on our own.  Most of our evenings are spent going from store to store buying things for the house.  I do love Home Depot!  I wish I had a lot of money to spare, there's so many more things to update/renovate in this house.  It will be done slowly though.  I'm just glad that we finally have a home we can call our own.  Since it's been hot, we've been eating a lot of ice cream in the last two weeks.  Thanks to coupons, I was able to get some ice cream for cheaper.  However, there is yogurt place here called Nathan's dairy, which is a local favorite, as evidenced by the long line.  Last night, I had mint chocolate with chocolate dip.  It was so good even Sam wanted a bite.  Josh had black raspberry freeze.  It was delish!


Despite our busy days and crazy nights, I still miss home.  This is my home now, and that will eventually become permanent once I get my Virginia license.  I am with my loves, but there are certain things that I miss about Hawaii.  Aside from my family, I actually miss work sometimes.  Don't get me wrong, I love spending the entire day with Sam, but sometimes, I would like to get a break from him too.  Work was my escape from going crazy when Sam gets a little too much to handle.  But now, I have to learn to be 10 times more patient with him.  I miss being able to ask my family to watch Sam while I run to the store, now I have to take him with me everywhere.  I don't miss the stress though.  I do miss having a pay check and going shopping.  LOL.  Oh well.


Tomorrow is shopping day.  Sam eats A LOT! and drinks a lot of milk, which is good since he is a growing boy.  I am cooking a lot more than I have ever done in the past.  Josh insists that he likes my cooking...I remain skeptical of my own abilities.  They are edible, and our stomachs have been okay so I guess it's okay.  I am learning to make balanced meals...meat, starch, vegetables, and fruits.  I just need to learn to drink milk.  All in all, our lives are starting to take form here.  Who know, we might actually like it and stay here for good...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment