Saturday, September 15, 2012

More house stuff

I have been obsessing about our house since I got home for Hawaii.  Something about having toddler makes me neurotic about my house.  My son likes to play, and he likes toys.  We try not to spoil him, but he does have a lot of toys.  He has toys in his bedroom, in his play area in our basement, and in the living room on the main floor.  Basically, he has toys on all three floors of our house.  I get very upset when there's so much clutter.  Not only do I pick up after a toddler, I also pick up after an adult:  a male adult.  It's very exhausting.

So today I spent 2.5 hours at Ikea, gawking at what living spaces and bedrooms and living rooms should look like.  I could've died with envy right there and then, but I kept encouraging myself that someday I will have that.  So after my trip to Ikea, I got the inspiration to clean up when I got home and de-clutter my toy infested living room.  So here's what I came up with:



The lamp was my $20 find at Ikea.  I just needed something to accentuate my bookcase which is not much a bookcase as much as it is a toy storage.  I am happy though that at least for 30 minutes, my living room stayed looking like this.  My son is about to come home from playing outside to change that.  But at least for a little while, this made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment