Tuesday, July 19, 2011

First leg done!

With the first leg of our trip done,  all I can think of is just getting to Virginia and settling down. I was worried about Sam today and how he's going to tolerate the long ride.  Fortunately, he was such a good boy all throughout.  He's a trooper.  He slept most of the way, and when he wasn't sleeping, he was contented playing.  He had his moments of fussiness of course, especially when he was starting to tire out or when his hungry.  We even had to stop at the side of the road to change his dirty diaper.  Now, that was an experience.  But he was cool about it.  He must've felt hot and uncomfortable too.  I mean, who really likes sitting in a car seat for hours at a time.  But we survived it, and I am just glad it's over...at least for now.


Sam was such a social butterfly at the rest stops.  He attracted so many people, smiling and cooing at them.  I noticed however, that on some occasions, he had this sad look in his eyes.  He keeps looking around as if he was looking for someone.  I think he might be wondering why the long car ride, and why nothing is familiar.  He probably wonders why we sleep in different beds and not in his crib.  My heart breaks every time I think that he must miss his grandma and grandpa and Aunt Jenny and Aunt Veah and Aunt Marivel and John.  It breaks my heart that my mom keeps crying every time we talk on the phone.  But this is the path we've chosen, at least for now.  I know that Sam will be able to adjust, and so will my family.  It will take time but it will happen.


Tomorrow, we move to the second leg of our trip, and finally Sam will meet his other set of grandparents.  This is the first time that he will be seeing them, and that is quite exciting.  I hope he behaves well, just as he has been for the last 6 months.  Then off to our new home.  The adventure begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment