Thursday, July 28, 2011

Home Sweet Home

We are finally home in Manassas, Virginia!  It has been a long journey but we enjoyed visiting with Sam's other half of the family.  We were able to attend Sam's cousin Evy's birthday last Sunday.  He got to spend time with Grandma Barbara, Papa Scott, great grandpa Reel, Aunt Becky and Uncle Jason, and cousins Evy and Easton.  Then we drove to Kentucky/Tennessee to see the Irwin's where he got to meet his Aunt Leslie, Uncle Shawn, and cousins Forrest, Hunter, and Sage.  


We drove the last trek on Wednesday.  It took a whopping 13 hours including stops.  Sam, as usual has been a trooper and behaved most of the way... well, for the first 12 hours at least.  Imagine yourself being cooped in a car seat for 12 hours and you'd probably be screaming too.  And then finally, we were home.


Our townhouse is located in a quiet community called Point of Woods.  We have an end unit, which is great, especially that Sam likes to scream his head off sometimes.  The house is in a state of disarray right now so I won't post any pictures yet.  Suffice it to say, I have a lot of cleaning, fixing, and unpacking to do.  I hope I won't have to move for a while because unpacking and settling down is a real doozer.  Sam still sleeps in a pack and play while we wait to get him a crib in his own room.  Yes, Sam will be having his own room.  We plan to go and buy some furniture this weekend, and of course, Sam's bed.  His Dad and I sleeps on the futon for now.  Sam is adjusting well though and it's more than I could ask for.  I, on the other hand, misses work sometimes.  I do enjoy being with my boy and of course, hubby.  We are now a Family, together, not separated.  So as my two guys danced to "Romanza," as Josh tries to put Sam to sleep, I myself will bid adieu for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment