Monday, July 18, 2011

Luggage, check. Car, check. We are ready.

Finally got the car picked up from Matson this morning. Unfortunately, we forgot the CD for the navigation system.  Acura felt that Hawaii wasn't part of the US and so we had to have a separate CD for Hawaii.  We forgot to change the CD, so now we are left with a navigation system that won't work because it is "out of coverage area."  Thank goodness for iphones and apps.  Josh downloaded an app to navigate our way, until we get to Oklahoma where the disc will be waiting (thanks to Jenny for express mailing it).

Today we got to visit with our friend, Susan, and Uncle Ed and Auntie Delin (that was after we went looking for a dealership to purchase a CD for the navigation system, but of course they don't sell it.  GRRRRR!).  It was a good day (thanks to Uncle Ed and Auntie Delin for the food and Sam's stuff). Then off to Barstow we go.   As I write this, I am sitting in our hotel room while Sam sleeps and Josh is trying to fall asleep.

Tomorrow, we start the first leg of the trip.  I am both excited, ambivalent, and scared.  It is Sam's first long car ride.  So far, we have survived just us three without any mishaps.  Sam, although occasionally fussy, has been manageable.  I think he wonders why Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie Jenny, Auntie Bhel, and John's not around.  I think he wonders why it's just Mommy and Daddy.  Maybe it's just me, but his eyes seem sad.  And it breaks my heart.  Grandma, oh she misses Sammy a lot.  She is heartbroken and I don't blame her.   I would be too.  But although I sympathize and understand her plight, this is important for us.  We have been apart for too long.  Time flies and i'm sure in not time, Sam will be reunited with his grandparents and aunts and uncle again.  In no time...in God's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment